Thursday, June 19, 2008

Summer time 2008... Quebec!

As my first comment on this blog, I'll go with my summer vacation planning. Yah, I go to Quebec (the City) this summer on July. Quebec is a must go destination this year for its 400th anniversary. A lot of special activities are planned for this occasion and lot of fun to have.

I have already found my lodging. I have browsed the Internet and have found a pretty lovely cottage for rent in the nearby Quebec area. The web site I've found www.imcha.com has lot of houses, condos, apartments and cottages for vacation rental in Quebec and the Charlevoix area wich I don't really know.

When I told you "lot of activities"... Here are some of them:

Quebec 400th anniversary activities:
  • From June 27 to September 14, 2008
    Le Capitole de Québec

  • July 3, 2008
    Different locations in the City

    July 3 is the anniversary of the founding of Québec City, and in 2008, marks the exact date of its fourth centenary. This is the high point of the 400th anniversary celebrations...

  • From July 3 to July 5, 2008
    Place de l'Assemblée-Nationale

    On July 3, 4 and 5, 2008, the “Québec plein la rue” series will bring the biggest international street performance companies here for a North American premiere.

Go to http://monquebec2008.sympatico.msn.ca/MonQuebec2008/?module=calendar&id=11
to get all the activities going on all year long on 2008.

Have fun... So long!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going Quebec too this summer. Vacation time! I'm looking for vacation rentals too. May be a cottage but house could be interesting too. I have taken a look at the website you have found your lodging and I have request informations on two cottages. I can't wait... ;)

May I'll see you there! Bye!

Chris,

Anonymous said...

I went to the 400th anniversary fireworks. WOW!!! The best erver!

Yet to come: Celine Dion and Paul McCARTNEY!! Best of all, it's free.